The Emirates Desert Championship (EDC) was founded by the Automobile & Touring Club of the UAE (ATCUAE) and Emirates Motor Sport Federation (EMSF) in late 2013, with an initial four round season in 2013-14 being followed with an expanded six event championship in 2014-15, and another five events in 2015-16.
Intended as a low cost, grassroots level championship that will introduce a new generation of competitors in the UAE to the discipline of desert rallying in a safe and sustainable way, as well as a ‘stepping stone’ towards the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, the UAE’s famous international Cross Country Rally.
Events regularly attract over 100 entries across all classes, and as well as the UAE’s best drivers and riders, guest competitors over the first three seasons have included:
- Marc Coma (Spain) – Eight ADDC wins, six FIM World Championship titles and five Dakar Rally wins.
- Mohammed Abu Issa (Qatar) – Two time winner of the ADDC Quad Class. 4th position on Dakar Rally debut in 2014.
- Marek Dabrowski (Poland) – Orlen Team legend. After long career on a bike, he converted to four wheels in an Overdrive Toyota Hilux.
- CS Santosh (India) – Multiple Indian National motocross and rally-raid champion, and first (and only!) Indian rider to finish the Dakar Rally.
- Simon and Llewelyn Pavey (Australia) – First (and only!) father and son team to complete the Dakar Rally in the same year.
The 2017-18 championship will feature Overall Title’s for AUTOs, MOTOs and BUGGYs, and various sub classes for each. Events are held on a Friday morning across the following dates:
- 6 October 2017,
- 3 November 2017,
- 8 December 2017,
- 26 January 2018, and,
- 16 February 2018.
For any further enquiries about the Emirates Desert Championship, or to enter a round, please contact email@example.com